Restricting Netscape to specified domains?

stjones at umbc.edu stjones at umbc.edu
Thu Feb 26 10:32:43 EST 1998

Last November we asked about limiting browser access to specific domains
(as opposed to excluding the browser from accessing specific domains),
and learned the trick of setting up netscape.ini (in Navigator 3.x) to
specific proxy servers.  Our problem now is that we want to allow these
reference web stations to access about 10 databases, and by the time you
include the links from these databases to other sources, we are way
beyond the 256 character limit of the proxy server field in
netscape.ini, even when specifying only domains.

I've looked through the w4l archive and haven't found anything.  Has
anyone found a solution to such a problem?

Many thanks.

Steve Jones
U Md Baltimore Co Library

"Knowledge is good." Faber College