WinU4 trouble

Gary Giannelli garyfgi at pcnet.com
Wed Feb 18 11:57:26 EST 1998

At 01:02 AM 2/18/98 -0800, you wrote:

>Installing and setting up WinU4.1 was a success to begin with. (We are
>going to use winu to safeguard a pc with two cdtowers (2 x 7).)
>
>The trouble started when we moved the pc and towers to its allotted
>place in the library.
>
>The setupchoices on the menu started to act strangely. When we click on
>the system/desktop setup choices, the password box appears for a split
>second and then disappears.

I haven't experienced quite the same problem, but I did have a bunch of
problems with version 4, including lots of machine lockups.  Eventually I
threw in the towel and went back to the previous version, which works fine.

 Gary Giannelli
         Computer Services Supervisor
         gary at ferg.lib.ct.us
         Ferguson Library, 1 Public Library Plaza, Stamford, CT 06904
         203-964-1000 ext 270; fax 203-357-9098