McGill 3270 and Netscape 4

Trainor, Cindi cindi at email.uky.edu
Thu Feb 12 21:20:00 EST 1998

Has anyone had any luck with Netscape 4 and using McGill as the tn3270
program?  I can only get it to connect to the gateway address listed in
the ini file for McGill, no matter what Netscape is trying to send.

I searched the web4lib archive and found Bill Drew's solution
(http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/archive/9707/0467.html ) suggesting
creating a telnet.bat file, but this doesn' t work with McGill, no
matter how I move those %1s and %2s around.  It wants to connect to the
address listed in the [Default] section of the net3270.ini file, and
just presents a blank connection box if there is no address in that
section.

This stubborn thing is driving me nuts!  I'm *almost* ready to give up
and just let users connect to our catalog, no matter what tn3270:// link
they click on!

Thanks.
Cindi
--