FAFSA Access?

Michael Dargan darganm at iren.net
Thu Feb 12 14:39:19 EST 1998

The FAFSA site (www.fafsa.ed.gov) requires the use of browsers capable of
strong or "domestic" encryption.  We've got Navigator 4.04 Standalone with
the strong encryption.  However, it appears that FAFSA does not recognize
the 4.04 version but would accept the 4.03.  I've found that Navigator 3.04
strong will work, but I really prefer to use standalone.

If I could find the 4.03 version I'd install it just for this use.  I
don't see it in the Netscape archive site.  Any ideas on where I can find
Navigator 4.03 standalone with strong encryption?  Or, a work-around?

---
Michael J. Dargan                               office: 319 291 4496
Technical Systems Administrator                    fax: 319 291 6736
Waterloo and Cedar Falls Public Libraries         Waterloo, IA 50701