Library Strategic Plans - Results

Diane Madrigal DMADRIGA at MAIL.NYSED.GOV
Thu Feb 12 12:22:59 EST 1998

Since some people have expressed an interest in the information, I'm
posting a list of the URLs for strategic plans that were sent to me. (An
Alta Vista search on +"strategic plan" +library returned some additional
sites that are not listed here.)

For the people to whom I sent the list individually, on 2/9: There are three
later additions at the bottom of the list, under "Part 2".

Thanks again to all those who contributed!

Diane Madrigal
New York State Library

URLs of Library Strategic Plans
===============================

York University, Canada - strategic plan and current computing plan

http://www.library.yorku.ca/pubs/

***

University of Ottawa Libraries - outline of its strategic plan

http://www.uottawa.ca/library/planning/index.html

***

The University of Texas at Austin, General Libraries has three pages
which may be helpful: a section from a recent accreditation review for
the University, a vision plan, and a long range technology plan.

http://www.utexas.edu/depts/evpp/directory/units/accred/comp/section5.htm
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/admin_docs/glvp96.html
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/ns-search/admin_docs/lr_plan.html

***

Bridgewater State College, Clement C. Maxwell Library - strategic plan

http://www.bridgew.edu/depts/maxwell/stgplan.htm

***

Suffolk County Public Libraries - Info. on technology planning for
libraries
http://www.suffolk.lib.ny.us/demo/libtech/index.html

***

Siena College - Library Building Program

http://www.siena.edu/library/bldgprog.html

***

George Washington University, Gelman Library

http://www.gwu.edu/~gelman (see "What's New at Gelman" page)

***

New York State Libray - Library Development only (working on revision)
http://www.nysl.nysed.gov/libdev/plan-ld.htm

***

University of Hawaii Library (They're in the process of revising it now.
A revised version should be on this page within a month or two. The
new plan will list somewhat more specific objectives.)
http://nic2.hawaii.edu/uhlib2/external/library_strat_plan.html

***

SUNY Stony Brook - Library Plan "Transformational Change in the SUNY
Stony Brook Library"
http://www.sunysb.edu/library/transform.htm

***

Central Washington University Library - 94-96 strategic plan
("a bit generic," per the person who posted the URL)

http://www.lib.cwu.edu/infodesk/stratplan/strplan94.html

***

Norfolk Library and Information Service, UK - synopsis of strategic plan

http://www.ecn.co.uk/norfolkcc/htm/council/departments/lis/polrev.htm

***

Ohio University-Athens, a campus with some 19,000 students
Actual plan is in pdf.

http://www.library.ohiou.edu/libinfo/depts/admin/stratplan/stratplan.htm

***

South Carolina State Library
http://www.state.sc.us/scsl/orgmiss2.html

Part 2
======

The Special Libraries Association has some information about
strategic planning, in general, on their web site.
http://www.sla.org/pubs/serial/febnet.html

South Central (NY) Research Library Council - "Seven Strategic
Directions"
http://www.lakenet.org/scrlc/7strategic.html

Western New York Library Resources Council
http://www.wnylrc.org/pub/stratpln.htm