Creating Web Workstation for people with disabilities

Michael Dargan darganm at iren.net
Thu Feb 12 10:18:58 EST 1998

Not all vision problems are the same and magnification isn't always the
answer.  You might contact your state's commission for the blind and ask
for advice.  Believe it or not, some blind patrons might be better served
with a 14" monitor on one of those spring loaded A-arms which allows the
height and distance to be adjusted for different patrons.

(Forty-year-olds fighting their bifocals might also appreciate this.)

I believe that Frankfurt, KY has a large blind population.  It might be
interesting to contact their public library to see how they are
accommodating patrons who are visually impaired.

---
Michael J. Dargan                               office: 319 291 4496
Technical Systems Administrator                    fax: 319 291 6736
Waterloo and Cedar Falls Public Libraries         Waterloo, IA 50701