Data missing

J. Cadieux sufflib at tiac.net
Thu Feb 12 07:57:44 EST 1998

The strange thing is that everything has been working quite well for many
months, until this nauseating POST operation message.  Doubly strange,
because MOST things still print out perfectly.

Someone could open up their own niche business just specializing in Web
printing problems.

I don't want to bog the list down with this, when I find the answer, I'll
report back.  (I'm thinking of starting from scratch and wiping out
everything on this particular machine.  Or maybe dropping the machine to
the floor, accidentally.)

Joe Cadieux
In a Little Library in Connecticut

t 01:55 AM 2/12/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Is there a reason why the page can't be saved or copy/paste via clipboard
>and then printed?
>
>This should avoid the problem?
>
>It seems there are numerous ways of causing this proble; timeserver
>problems mentioned by Ian, time-out settings from server or scripts, code,
>dynamically generated pages that haven't *really* delivered any data until
>saved and more?
>
>Elisabeth Roche eroche at sisnaaz.com
>serendipity RULES!
>
>---fwd original snipped message--
>
>At 01:23 AM 2/12/98 -0800, Ian Winship, Univ. Northumbria wrote:
>>Its likely to be somthing do with the cache. We can get this problem in
>the >UK because Netscape runs to US time, so thinks its already timed out
>when a >print is requested. We can change the autoexec.bat to make Netscape
>set to UK >time and then everything is fine. Might your problem relate to
>US time zones?
>>snipped
>

>Elisabeth Roche Roche Internet Resources and Research Tucson, AZ
>(520)320-5933 eroche at sisnaaz.com
>"I can live out of my imagination instead of my memory."--- Stephen R.
Covey--