Creating Web Workstation for people with disabilites

Andrew J. Mutch amutch at tln.lib.mi.us
Wed Feb 11 15:39:29 EST 1998

Hi all,

I'm looking for information from those of you who have created Web
Workstations designed to permit those with a variety of disabilites to
access the Internet.  The most obvious obstacle is for those with visual
impairments and so far I have heard that these users would benefit from:

1) Large (20"+) Monitors with large fonts enabled for those with limited
vision.
2) pwWebSpeak or some other type of screen reader that will "read" web
pages for those without any vision.

I've also heard recommendations for TrackBalls in place of a mouse for
those with limited mobility.

Any other recommendations for software, hardware, etc. would be
appreciated!

Thanks,

Andrew Mutch
Northville District Library
Northville, MI

Respond to me and I'll summarize to the list.