Batch file for clearing Netscape cache

Michael Dargan darganm at iren.net
Sun Feb 1 21:57:35 EST 1998

Carol--

If you have more than 16 megs of RAM, consider making a RAM disk with a
temp directory and setting that as your disk cache.  It's fast a blazes,
and is cleared each time you reboot.

Do do so, create a config.sys file in the root of your boot partition
with the following lines:

device=c:\windows\command\himem.sys
device=c:\windows\command\ramdrive.sys 2048 /e

Then, create an autoexec.bat with this line:

md [d]:/temp

with [d]: being whatever drive is assigned as the ramdrive.

Then, set the disk cache in Netscape preferences to point at that directory.

---
Michael J. Dargan                               office: 319 291 4496
Technical Systems Administrator                    fax: 319 291 6736
Waterloo and Cedar Falls Public Libraries         Waterloo, IA 50701