Using FP98 over a LAN

David Whelan dwhelan at mail.smu.edu
Fri Feb 27 09:36:36 EST 1998

We aren't doing exactly this, but we are using FP and multiple people
access the same web site with FP - we have done this by providing the
users (only 4 total) with copies of FP and their portion of the web site
resides in a subweb and they are given author rights to just that
subweb.  I've also wondered about the Front Page Express editor which
comes in one of the MSIE 4.01 installs and looks like a free version of
the FP Editor.  This might allow you to provide FPExpress on each
workstation to access the network share where the FP web is stored (and
if you try this, let me know how it works - it's an interest but not
something I've gotten around to yet!).

David.
David P. Whelan            Head of Computing & Technology Services

                                             Underwood Law Library
                       Southern Methodist University School of Law
                                         Dallas, Texas  75275-0354
E-mail:     dwhelan at mail.smu.edu                  (V) 214.768.1820
WWW Home:   http://www.smu.edu/~dwhelan           (F) 214.768.4330