PDF IFilter and Index Server 2.0

Andrew Brown ulib603 at unix1.derby.ac.uk
Thu Feb 19 08:57:35 EST 1998

Has anyone out there managed to get the new beta version 1.1 of PDF IFilter to
index PDF documents with Microsoft Index Server 2.0 and Internet Information
Server 4.0?

When I regenerate the index after installation of the filter, Index Server
claims to index PDF documents (at least the total number of filtered documents
rises when I copy PDF documents onto the server).

When I search the index, however, PDF documents do not appear in the search
results when I know I am searching for words that appear within the documents.
I have follows suggestions supplied with the IFilter beta, but this doesn't
seem to have resolved things...

Andrew Brown,
Project Officer,
University of Derby Electronic Library (UDEL),
Room 205, The Learning Centre, Kedleston Road, Derby
DE22 1GB United Kingdom. Email: A.T.Brown at derby.ac.uk
Phone: (01332) 622222 ex.1215. Fax: (01332) 622767