[WEB4LIB] How slow is that Firewall?

Maureen Lindh lindh at olypen.com
Thu Dec 17 15:37:33 EST 1998

(Can't say that I understand why your catalog is outside the firewall.)

Does your firewall do Network Address Translation? If so, how are you
handling Name Service behind your firewall? Sounds like one possibility for
slowness could be lack of optimum DNS. Just a thought.

Depending on what kind of firewall you're using, you could allow pinging
but limit to only between your staff workstations and your catalog.