Position - Systems Librarian - Philadelphia Area

Timothy Fortin fortint at war.wyeth.com
Tue Dec 15 21:02:04 EST 1998

It is our solid dedication, vision and constant search for answers that allow us
to touch millions of people around the world every day. As a major division
of Fortune 100 American Home Products Corporation, we help people lead
healthier lives through the development of innovative pharmaceutical,
vaccine and nutritional products. We achieve this through our superior
research, manufacturing, sales and marketing capabilities. Enjoy the freedom
to develop your own career while having the support of a valuable team.

Senior Systems Librarian
Draw upon your exceptional organizational and communication skills to manage and
develop our Integrated Library System. We will also look to you to make
recommendations for electronic journal strategies, maintain the in-house
biomedical literature search system, provide intranet support and assist with
knowledge management initiatives.

Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are required, as well as a
strong knowledge of:
- UNIX
- Perl
- HTML
- Database Administartion
- SQL
- Scripting techniques

The successful candidate must have a MS/MLA in Library or Information Sciences
with 3 years systems experience in biotechnology, genomics, or a
pharmaceutical-related industry; or a Ph.D. in Library/Information Science with
1-2 years experience. Other requirements include a strong background in using
integrated library systems, relevant programming/scripting languages and
computer hardware and software.
Wyeth-Ayerst also offers other benefits, including child-care subsidies,
educational assistance and professional development programs. Please forward
your resume with salary requirements to: Wyeth-Ayerst, Reference OI-4056,
P.O. Box 7886, Philadelphia, PA 19101-7886. Fax in fine mode to: (610) 989-4854.
E-mail: jobs at RAMAIL1.wyeth.com (ASCII format, no attachments, subject: resume).
For more information, visit our website at www.ahp.com/wyeth.htm Principals
only. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             !
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             !