MicroTest

Barbara A Parker bparker at nadn.navy.mil
Thu Dec 10 11:22:56 EST 1998

We are in the process of replacing our cd rom server.  What we want to
offer our users is point-and-click access from our Web page to our
networked cd products.  We also want a user interface that will collect
statistics and work with licensing restrictions, etc.

While we are testing several hardware and software products in conjunction
with our computer services, we haven't met with resounding success just
yet.  We are very interested in the hardware, and particularly the
software, configurations that other libraries are using to provide their
cd-roms over campus networks in a Web environment.  We need something
pretty seamless.  We have about 30 products that we provide.

Any information you can provide would be much appreciated.

--Barbara Parker
Web Systems Management Librarian
Nimitz Library
U. S. Naval Academy