[WEB4LIB:14781] HTML CODE QUESTION

Luc Grondin grondin.luc at uqam.ca
Wed Aug 12 14:02:42 EDT 1998

Hello

Andrew Mutch wrote:

>When you want HTML code to appear on a page as text, what tags should you
>surround it with so that this will happen??

If you want ALL the code (the complete HTML file) to be shown as text, you
can save your file with the extension ".txt".  The HTML code will not be
interpreted by the browser (at least if your file resides on a Windows or
UNIX machine--I do not know about Mac).  If you want only part of the code
to appear on the browser's page, well, you will have to replace every '<'
with '$lt;' and so forth.

I hope that my answer is not too trivial in view of your needs (it only
reflects what I do ;)

Ciao

Luc Grondin
Bibliothecaire/Librarian