Cache Compactor software... (URL included)

Ernest Perez perez at opac.osl.state.or.us
Thu Aug 20 22:36:49 EDT 1998

is available as shareware on ZDNet at
<http://hotfiles.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/texis/swlib/hotfiles/info.html?fcode=000DJ7>

>From past discussions about patron browsing-trail privacy, it appears
that this utility might be of value on public access Web machines (of
the Windows persuasion).

Sorry, I left out the URL on my first message send.

This shareware appears to handle a variety of customizable deletes,
including the browser cache, temp folders, and the URL pulldown. Haven't
checked to see if it does history, but I assume it does. Or else you can
combine with one of the other ways people have figured out for how to do
that.

Cheers,
-ernest

"CacheCompactor, by Triceris Systems,  06-11-98

    CacheCompactor can delete all the files in folders you specify. Use
it to remove the contents of your Web browser's cache folders and typed
URLs, leftover files in your Windows Temp directory, as well as files in
any other folder. A configuration wizard gives you an easy way to set
options, such as having the program ask you before removing files.
System Requirements:  Windows 95
Purchase Information: Shareware: Free to try, $10 if you decide to keep
it."

Ernest Perez//Oregon State Library//perez at opac.state.or.us//503-378-4243