[WEB4LIB] Cheap NT schedule software

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Thu Aug 20 09:07:51 EDT 1998

I forgot to mention if you can't find the  second wincron  program I'll send it to
anyone that requests it.  It is a Win 3.x version and is donation ware for
$20.00.  The main difference between this and the other is that the NT/95 wincron
strictly has to use an ascii data file and the 3.x version uses a windows
interface for scheduling even down to minutes.

Thomas

PS: thanx Roy for the subject fix

Glen Davies wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is anybody using a good/cheap (hard to match both criteria I know!)
> NT scheduling package that will allow multiple scheduling of
> apps/batch files etc based on time/day/month eg
>
> at 2:00pm on 15 August c:\bats\trash.bat
> at 3:00pm on 18 August c:\bats\joe.bat
>
> Reason being -
> We have two proxies running, one with full access and one with
> intranet only  and we have written a perl script which sends a proxy
> autoconfig file to our lab machines. If it is after 7:00 pm, or
> Sat/Sun, they get pointed to the full access proxy, otherwise they get pointed
> to the restricted access proxy. If somebody books a lab for an
> internet class we want to schedule a batch file to over-write a .cfg
> file for that lab which tells the perl script to send the full access
> proxy .pac file.
>
> AT and WinAT only  allow  a certain day of the week or a certain day
> each month, they don't seem to have an option to specify
> time/day/month.
>
> Thanks
> Regards
> Glen
> Glen Davies
> IT Librarian
> Christchurch College of Education
> Dovedale Ave
> Christchurch
> Ph. 64-3-343 7737
> glen at rimu.cce.ac.nz
> The more I read, the more questions I have.
> Everytime I pass a library I get an anxiety attack.
> O'Neill in "SeaQuest DSV" (1993)

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II                  University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu                http://www.library.appstate.edu/admin/
Voice:  704 262 2797   FAX:    704 262 3001

In librarianship--as elsewhere--the quality of service is not measured by
the number of complaints received