[WEB4LIB:14790] metacrawler results

dAVe burlingame davidb at spl.lib.wa.us
Thu Aug 13 15:42:08 EDT 1998

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Nicholas Tomaiuolo wrote:

} Having not used metacrawler (www.metacrawler.com) in a long time, I am
} not sure if I should be as surprised as I am that it seems to only
} return (at most) 10 results per search engine.  Has it always been this
} way?  Whether searching "Y2K" or Bill Gates the max you retrieve from
} any engine is ten.

There is a "customize" choice that can be clicked on the MC site, and
you can set the default to as high as 30 for both #of hits/source and
results/page, as well as other settings. After you change the settings you
can bookmark the page, and not have to reset the values.

dAVe