Best image software

Linda Absher (absher) absher at sequent.com
Tue Apr 28 16:50:24 EDT 1998

Although I prefer Photoshop, for Windows PaintShop Pro is perfect for doing a
wide variety of tasks, especially those that are relatively routine
(resizing, conversion, etc.): it's fairly straightforward, at least to me.
I also think PaintShop Pro handles fonts a little better than Photoshop.
Pretty amazed by the package considering it's only $99 compared to the $299+
academic price for Photoshop (almost $500 retail).  You can download an
evaluation copy at

		http://www.jasc.com/psp.html

For Mac, I've used GraphicConverter: a little more limited, but still pretty
good considering it's shareware.  It's available at

		http://www.lemkesoft.de/

Hope this helps,

LInda Absher
absher at sequent.com