Limiting Browsers to sites

Richard A. Speer RSPEER at lpl.avcnet.org
Thu Apr 23 06:15:40 EDT 1998

I know this has been covered in the past, but we need to find the
simplest method for limiting Netscape 4.05 to individual sites.  With
Netscape 3.X we were using the Manual Proxy Configuration within
Netscape, but I have not been able to find a similar configuration
with the newest version.  We are using Windows95 machines.

Should we be using the solution pitched by a few of you last December
of disabling the DNS in TCP/IP properties and listing individual IP
addresses in the host file (see WEB4LIB archives, Dec 97 messages Re:
limiting browsers to sites) or is there a better way.  TIA,

Rick Speer                         rspeer at LPL.avcnet.org
Lewiston Public Library            www.avcnet.org/LPL
200 Lisbon Street                  Voice: (207) 784-0135 X208
Lewiston, Maine 04240              Fax:   (207) 784-3011