MS-DOS problem: deleting cache

Robert Rasmussen ras at nimbus.anzio.com
Wed Apr 22 13:03:57 EDT 1998

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, Jason Clabaugh wrote:

> <snip>
> >The size of the cache allowed is probably a
> >major factor in the speed, since the deleting would take a LOT of
> >disk access, especially if the cache area is fragmented quite a bit.
>
> 	Funny, I was about to suggest that you look at defragmenting your hard
> drives.  The more the cache area is fragmented, the longer it will take to
> clear it.

I beg to differ. Deleting files happens in the DIRECTORY. The locations of the
various clusters of data should be completely irrelevant.

Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: ras at anzio.com
 company e-mail: rsi at anzio.com or sales at anzio.com or support at anzio.com
 ftp://ftp.anzio.com               voice: 503-624-0360
http://www.anzio.com                 fax: 503-624-0760