Hennepin County Library offers "extranet"

Glenn Peterson glennp at sun.hennepin.lib.mn.us
Wed Apr 15 09:54:32 EDT 1998

Hennepin County Library invites you use the library's new extranet web site:

http://www.hennepin.lib.mn.us/extranet/

The site offers resources from our staff intranet and public web site of
interest to the broader library community. The site includes:

* HCL-produced reference databases such as the Fugitive Facts reference
file, If You Like reader's advisory tool, Recommended Web Sites and Twin
Cities Program Resources Catalog listing local performers and presenters.

* HCL policies, including Internet Public Use Policy and Guidelines,
Information Services Policy and Guidelines, Home and Business Fax Policy.

* Technology Demonstration area showing some of the ways we are using the
Web to offer improved services to staff. Explore the Puppets database,
complete with photos, which youth services staff use to preview and book
puppets for storytimes. Peruse the Training Video collection, a
bibliographic database of videocassettes available for staff meetings and
individual use.

* PowerPoint slides from recent staff presentations at national conferences.
Currently available are presentations on "Technology and Change" (Computers
in Libraries '98) and "Information Work Environments -- What Works!" (Public
Library Association 1998).

* Hennepin County Library Staff Directory -- search for staff phone numbers
and e-mail addresses.

We hope you find this site useful. We welcome your comments and suggestions.

Hennepin County Library is a public library system serving 700,000 residents
in suburban Minneapolis, MN USA  with 26 libraries and a Readmobile. Annual
circulation is 10.6 million.
                    Hennepin County Library
Glenn Peterson                glennp at sun.hennepin.lib.mn.us
Internet Librarian            http://www.hennepin.lib.mn.us
12601 Ridgedale Drive         Voice: 612-694-8659
Minnetonka, MN 55305          Fax: 612-541-7984