Looking for Web site indexing software

John R. Little john.little at duke.edu
Thu Apr 9 12:23:42 EDT 1998

I remain a big fan of Webinator which is free.  In my
experience their tech support listserv is very helpful and
the software offers a lot of advantages for web maintenance
not to mention provides full text searching for your web
visitors.

While Webinator does allow you to index meta tags (thereby
potentially increasing search precision), performing a
corresponding search which limits to meta tag fields
requires extra software known as Texis.  The Texis product
is produced by the same company but must be purchased.

more information can be found at
<http://www.thunderstone.com/webinator/>

--John
  John R. Little       Web Developer/Systems Librarian
  Perkins Library * Duke University * Durham, NC
  VOICE: (919) 660-5932    Email: john.little at duke.edu
              http://www.duke.edu/~jrl/