Forthcoming books on the Internet?

vcarrington at ala-choice.org vcarrington at ala-choice.org
Wed Apr 1 16:40:40 EST 1998

     There are authors among us ... and here's an opportunity for letting
     others know about it.
     CHOICE magazine (standard details follow) is publishing a special
     supplement of Web site reviews again this August. A feature of this
     supplement is "Forthcoming books on the Internet," edited by Judith
     Douville, CHOICE's Science Editor.
     We are looking for information about books that will be published in
     1998 or in 1999, for possible inclusion in this feature. Our focus is
     on titles most likely to be of interest to academic librarians. If you
     have something in the works, or know of something that will be
     published during that time period, please send basic information to
     Judith at CHOICE.
     ***Stop here if you have no interest in the details**
     Details:
     The first Web Review supplement was published August 1997. Each
     subscriber was sent one copy. Single copy sales have reached record
     numbers (for CHOICE, anyway!), so a second supplement is in the works.
     It will contain more than 500 reviews of research-related sites, as
     well as related features.
     If you'd like to submit titles for possible
     inclusion in the Forthcoming Internet/Web Books
     feature, send publication details to: Judith
     Douville, Science Editor
     Please include the following information:
     1.Title of work
     2.Editor/Author
     3.Edition, if not the first
     4.Price (may be estimated, but please indicate)
     5.Publication date (again, indicate if
     estimated)
     6.ISBN, if known
     Include the name and number of someone to
     contact in case of questions

     CHOICE: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries
     100 Riverview Center
     Middletown, CT 06457-3445
     www.ala.org/acrl/choice
     Editorial dept. fax: 860-704-0465
     CHOICE is a publication of the Association for College and Research
     Libraries, a division of the American Library Association.

     Thanks for your help! Sorry for the length of this message. Please
     feel free to pass the word on to interested colleagues. I'll be glad
     to answer any general questions, but will be out of the office
     4/2-4/16.
     Vee Friesner Carrington
     Promotion Coordinator, CHOICE
     vcarrington at ala-choice.org