Job Posting: Project Manager/Information Architect

Louis Rosenfeld lou at argus-inc.com
Sat Apr 18 10:50:51 EDT 1998

Company:		Argus Associates, Inc.
Position Title:		Project Manager / Information Architect
Position Location:	Ann Arbor, Michigan
Position Type:		Full-time, Permanent

About Argus

We apply principles of library and information science to design
environments that enable our clients to find and manage information more
successfully.  Argus brings experience, expertise, and a history of
innovation to the design of information architecture solutions.  We have
written the leading book on the subject, "Information Architecture for the
World Wide Web," available from O'Reilly & Associates at
http://www.ora.com/catalog/infotecture/ and we have worked with some of
the world's leading organizations, including AT&T, Barron's Online,
Borders Books & Music, the California Digital Library, Chrysler, Dow
Chemical, Encyclopaedia Britannica, Henry Ford Health System, SIGGRAPH,
and UMI.

Position Requirements

We seek a creative, team-oriented, entrepreneurial individual with a
master's degree in information and library science.

The primary responsibilities of this position will involve the management
of information architecture design projects.  This individual should have
excellent communication, organization, and management skills and should be
comfortable maintaining relationships with clients, co-workers, and
subcontractors.

It is essential that this individual understand the principles of
information organization and indexing, information management, and user
interface design.  Experience designing and managing online information
environments is desired.

Argus offers a competitive salary, vacation, results-based bonus, medical
benefits, training, and excellent career development potential.

Requirements

- Masters in Information and Library Studies.
- Experience managing people and projects.
- Experience designing and developing Web sites, intranets, and/or other
  information systems.

How Do I Apply?

If you are interested in this position, please send the following
materials to Peter Morville before the application deadline of May 4,
1998:

- a resume;
- a brief description of your project management and information
  architecture experience;
- URLs for web sites you have helped to develop;
- a brief writing sample (no more than 5 pages from an article or essay);
- a note indicating where you heard about this opportunity; and
- contact information including phone number, email address, and time of
  day for best contact.

Please send these materials by postal mail.  No phone calls please.

Peter Morville
Argus Associates, Inc.
109 Catherine Street
Ann Arbor, MI  48104

For more information about Argus, please review our web site at
http://argus-inc.com/