Internet Explorer: how to save text in frame

Wil Hutton kwh1 at psu.edu
Fri Apr 3 15:31:44 EST 1998

>On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, Luc Grondin wrote:
>
>> I have not been able to find a simple way to save the text of a frame as a
>> file from Internet Explorer.  Netscape offers the feature of "saving frame
>> as...", but IE does not.  Is there a trick i missed?  (I do not consider
>

>You already identified the solution in your first paragraph.  Just because
>a machine ships with W95/IE does not mean you cannot also load Netscape.
>And despite the dubious trade practices of MS, if given a choice most
>users will click on the Netscape icon.

  You might want to proceed with caution, though -- at my library, problems
have been reported with trying to get IE and Netscape to coexist peaceably
on Win95 machines.  We've been de-installing IE and just running Netscape.

Wilson Hutton, web coordinator/writer-editor =====--------------  \-
Penn State Libraries--www.libraries.psu.edu ========-------------- |\-
Editor,                                                        |>==+->==-
Voices Internet Edition--www.epicom.com/voices =======------------ |/-
kwh1 at psu.edu, voices at epicom.com ==================--------------  /-

"Nulla res est rei spectaculari similis."