Internet research textbook

Dorothy Day day at indiana.edu
Fri Apr 3 00:27:57 EST 1998

On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Catherine Cox wrote:

> However, if you're teaching in a four-year college or university, or if the
> class is longer (say, 3 units or so) and allows you scope for more than the
> bare bones, my first choice would be the new book by Ernest Ackerman.  It
> was just published in December 1997 by Franklin Beedle, and the title is
> something like Using the World Wide Web for Research.  It's very
> well-designed, the assignments are well thought out, the examples are
> clear, and overall I like it better than any of the other recent books on
> internet research I've seen.

I was just checking out that book today, and it does look very
good. Here's the cite:

Searching & Researching on the Internet & the World Wide Web
Ernest Ackermann and Karen Hartman
Copyright 1996, 1997 Franklin, Beedle & Associates, Inc.
ISBN 1-887902-26-0, $29.95

Several chapters are available online at

	http://www.fbeedle.com/searching/sample.html

and Ackermann has a supporting website with yet more at

	http://www.mwc.edu/ernie/search-web.html

*****
Dorothy Day
Indiana University
day at indiana.edu
*****
	"He also surfs who only sits and waits."