Electronic reference desk/FAQ software

Ian Winship, Univ. Northumbria ian.winship at unn.ac.uk
Wed Apr 29 07:28:42 EDT 1998

We are currently investigating setting up an electronic reference desk / FAQ
service and would be interested to hear if anyone has recently investigated
software packages which would be suitable for such a service or are
institutions devising their own methods?

We are aware of the ORGANIK software
(http://www.orbital-tech.com/products/organik.html)
used for NERD at our neighbour Newcastle University, but would be grateful for
any other software suggestions or pointers to sites employing them.

(I have checked the web4lib and dig_ref archives, but found nothing relevant.)

Ian Winship
Information Services Dept.              |    e-mail: ian.winship at unn.ac.uk
University of Northumbria at Newcastle  |    phone:  0191 227 4150
City Campus Library                     |    fax:    0191 227 4563
Newcastle upon Tyne                     |
NE1 8ST                                 |
UK                                      |