automated, electronic, digital, virtual

Sloan, Bernie bernies at uillinois.edu
Mon Apr 6 17:37:03 EDT 1998

I looked at quite a few definitions a while back and
came to the conclusion that terms like "electronic
library", "digital library" and "virtual library" have been
used interchangeably by many people.

If you'd like to see some of the definitions I found, take
a look the "Defining the Digital Library" section of the
following paper:

http://alexia.lis.uiuc.edu/~sloan/e-ref.html

Bernie Sloan
Senior Library Information Systems Consultant
University of Illinois Office for Planning & Budgeting
338 Henry Administration Building
506 S. Wright Street
Urbana, IL  61801
Phone: (217) 333-4895