Articles on E-reference??

Sloan, Bernie bernies at uillinois.edu
Fri Sep 26 17:18:44 EDT 1997

Can anyone recommend some articles (print or electronic)
on electronic reference service (i.e., reference service via
e-mail or the Web)?

I've been searching the literature, but haven't been able to
come up with much at all.

Also, if any of you have experience doing e-reference and
would like to share your thoughts, I'd greatly appreciate
that too.

I'm not looking for examples of Web reference sites.  I
already have a fair amount of examples gleaned from
earlier discussions on Web4Lib. I'm looking for articles
that analyze or theorize on the topic, or just report on
experiences.

Thanks!

Bernie Sloan

Bernie Sloan
Senior Library Information Systems Consultant
University of Illinois Office for Planning & Budgeting
338 Henry Administration Building
506 S. Wright Street
Urbana, IL  61801
Phone:  217-333-4895