screen resolutions and eye strain

Robert Rasmussen ras at nimbus.anzio.com
Mon Sep 22 12:21:31 EDT 1997

There should be no "down side" to increasing screen resolution, assuming that
the software you are running allows you to adjust text size. That is, if you
go to more and smaller pixels, and then increase the text size to compensate,
you end up with text the same size, but made up of more dots, which should
INCREASE readability. I recommend 800x600 for a 15-inch (nominal) monitor, and
1024x768 for a 17-inch.

Icons and graphics are generally not scaled, but I suspect these are not where
the problem is.

Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: ras at anzio.com
 company e-mail: rsi at anzio.com or sales at anzio.com or support at anzio.com
 ftp://ftp.anzio.com               voice: 503-624-0360
http://www.anzio.com                 fax: 503-624-0760