Trouble openning large PDF files on my browser

carolyn_gonzalez at medcom1.smtplink.amedd.army.mil carolyn_gonzalez at medcom1.smtplink.amedd.army.mil
Thu Sep 11 18:28:05 EDT 1997

Listeros:

I'm having some difficulty openning up some large (90page-166page) documents
through my browser (Microsore Exploiter).  The documents are in a directory on a
UNIX server.

After I download the PDFs to my desktop, I can open them with no difficulty.
But when I try to access them through their link on my browser, I'll either get
the first page only, or else my computer completely freezes up.  I'm able to
access and page through smaller PDF files through the browser with no
difficulty.

Has anyone else on this list encountered this problem before?  Should I divide
the large PDFs into two or three smaller ones?  Is there another way of solving
this problem?

Thanks,

Carolyn Ellis Gonzalez,
US Army.  Knowledge Management Network Librarian
Carolyn_Gonzalez at medcom2.smtplink.amedd.army.mil
(210) 221-6514