bounce.to....a web redirection service

Tony Barry tony at ningaui.anu.edu.au
Thu Sep 4 21:06:44 EDT 1997

At 3:22 PM 4/9/97, Mark Ellis wrote:
>Does this really make any sense?  What are all the other Peter Scotts going
>to do now?  We need something hierarchical like
>http://www.bounce.to/ca/usask/peterscott/.  So much for easy to remember
>though. (back to where we started)

You can't tie a person to an institution.  I've worked for three
universities and 7 government bodies and goodness now how many different
subsidiaries over the years.  No that I'm retired I have a non paying link
to a university and my own company.

C'mon librarians this is an exercise in authority control not an attempt an
x500 database (the designers must not have realized the flaws in facetted
classification schemes).

I know there are at least three other Tony Barry's on the net so I guess I
could register as http://www.bounce.to/AntonyBarry1941-02-15 using an ISO
date format rather than the alternatives.  Anyone on the meta2 list will
remember the arguments about choices of date formats for Dublin Core.

Tony

mailto:tony at ningaui.anu.edu.au          |+61 2 6249 5688
mailto:tonyb at netinfo.com.au             |+61 2 6288 0959
http://purl.oclc.org/NET/Tony.Barry
Ningaui Pty Ltd, GPO Box 1680, Canberra City, ACT 2601

Visiting Fellow,  Department of Computer Science,  Faculty of
Engineering and Information Technology.   Australian National
University,    ACT 0200   AUSTRALIA

Apologise for the stolen generation - <http://apology.west.net.au/>