bounce.to....a web redirection service

Chuck Bearden cbearden at sparc.hpl.lib.tx.us
Thu Sep 4 18:26:38 EDT 1997

There is a start of authority record for the .to domain.  It lies with
the machine tonic.to [206.184.59.10], which is not an alias for another
canonical name.  I was able to find the start of authority from a couple
of root servers.

A traceroute to tonic.to passes through:

imatek.sfconsulate.gov.to

Is .to a toplevel domain for another country?  Perhaps they are
capitalizing on a side benefit of their name!

Chuck