Censorship Grant Wanted

James Patrick Klock j-klock at evanston.lib.il.us
Wed Sep 3 10:11:10 EDT 1997

>From: CMUNSON at aaas.org (CMUNSON)
>Subject: Re: Censorship Grant Wanted
>
>Thomas: I see some problems in securing funding for your grant. You have
>neglected to plan for and itemize the costs involved in hiring and training
>monitors for your print and AV collections. Covering those angles would
ensure
>that your libraries would provide the same quality of access to all parts of
>your collection, regardless of format.

Not very cost effective, though.  Why not just determine which portions of
the collection are in need of censoring, and eliminate them?  It is, after
all, a time-honored tradition.  You might have trouble with the noxious
fumes from the AV collection, though.

(please pardon the potential poor taste, and take the satire for what it's
worth...)

James Patrick Klock                           j-klock at evanston.lib.il.us
Evanston Public Library                               Technical Services