Filtering at Ada Community Library, Boise Idaho

Ronnie Morgan rmorgan at Harding.edu
Tue Sep 2 02:42:35 EDT 1997

At 05:51 AM 9/2/97 -0700, Diane Lewis wrote:
>Thanks to Dan Lester for forwarding that chilling story to this list.
>I was particularly struck by the attitude of that parent who
>insisted that the Library not allow his son access to the Net without
>his parents' presence.  One would think a simple instruction to the
>son would have been sufficient.

If most of you advocate "parents choice", why is this so "chilling"?  Was
the father not making the choice in this case?

One would think a simple instruction to the LIBRARY would have been
sufficient.

Ronnie

Disclaimer:  Views expressed are mine and mine alone.  My views or opinions
are NOT representative to Harding University.