OCLC WebScript on Windows NT server

Robert Cameron cameron at beta.loyno.edu
Tue Sep 16 15:08:23 EDT 1997

I have set up an automatic login for FirstSearch using the WebScript batch
files that are located at http://www.npwrc.org/help/fs/old.htm.  The web
server is O'Reilly WebSite 1.1.  I've followed the directions and can get
the batch file to run from the MS-DOS prompt and return a valid URL but
when I try to do the same thing from Netscape I get a Web Server Error 500
(Message: Empty output from CGI program
c:/netscape/ns-home/docs/fs/fs.cmd).  I don't know enough about CGI to know
if that's even the problem, but if anyone out there has used the batch file
successfully on a WinNT server I'd appreciate any crumbs of help you can
throw my way.  Thanks!

Robert Cameron
Systems Coordinator
University Library