Hustler Magazine Challenge, Week 2

Filtering Facts David_Burt at filteringfacts.org
Mon Sep 1 21:46:09 EDT 1997

Well a week has passed since I first made the "Hustler Magazine Challenge"
to every public library in the country.  Since many anti-filtering
librarians insist that the only reason they do not carry hard core
pornography in their libraries is because they can't afford it, Filtering
Facts has decided to give them the opportunity to put their money where
their mouths are.

Several people complained that a free subscription wasn't really free, since
it costs money to process and circulate a magazine for a year.  Fine, I'll
remove that barrier too.  In addition to a free subscription to Huslter for
one year, the library that claims the free subscription will also get a
check from Filtering Facts for $100 to cover the processing costs.  In fact,
that will more than cover the processing costs, the library that claims the
prize will actually be making money!  No way you can claim "only for
economic reasons we do not subscribe to Hustler" now.

 Filtering Facts will pay for a year's subscription to Hustler Magazine to
the first United States public library that will agree to the following
conditions:

1) Put each month's issue of Hustler on normal public display with the other
magazines, such as Time and People.

2) Allow full access to the magazine to anyone who wants it, including
children, just like you would with a typical magazine.

3) Inform Filtering Facts if an issue is stolen so that we can send an
immediate replacement.

4) Announce the new addition as however your library normally does new
additions, such as through your library newsletter, bulletin board, or new
books display.

David Burt

David Burt, Filtering Facts, HTTP://WWW.FILTERINGFACTS.ORG
David_Burt at filteringfacts.org