WWW vs. CD

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Fri Oct 31 18:08:30 EST 1997

"Plus - when Web based products are inaccessible it is --not-- the vendor
who catches the complaints but yours truly.  At least when I get called
about a problem with accessing our lan it is a problem I can fix. "

In Paul Gray's library, he has more control over the CDs than the Web-based
access.  In our library, the REVERSE is true--we've been empowered.  As
Paul suggests, circumstance is everything.  :-)

Karen G. Schneider |  kgs at bluehighways.com
Director, US EPA Region 2 Library  |  Contractor, GCI
Councilor-at-Large, American Library Association
The Internet Filter Assessment Project:
 http://www.bluehighways.com/tifap/
Author, Forthcoming: A Practical Guide to Internet Filters
(Neal Schuman, 1997 ISBN 1-55570-322-4)