telnet links

Sheryl Dwinell dwinells at vms.csd.mu.edu
Thu Oct 30 15:52:23 EST 1997

We have links to several online library catalogs that are text-based and
have telnet links that include a port number. Currently, I have them set up
like this:

However, we're finding that some telnet apps can't seem to interpret the
port number. We've had suggestions to set this up with one or two spaces in
place of the colon, but this still doesn't seem to work. Has anyone else
experienced this problem? I'm not quite sure what to tell folks except tell
them to install a different telnet client.  Any suggestions?

thanks much,

Sheryl Dwinell * Cataloger/DBM Librarian/Webmaster
Memorial Library * Marquette University
P.O. Box 3141 * Milwaukee, WI 53201-3141
414-288-3406 * dwinells at vms.csd.mu.edu