Filtering/notification services on the Web?

Emily R Hurn hurn at library.umass.edu
Tue Oct 28 09:57:05 EST 1997

Hello,

I am interested in finding out if anyone has run across a service on the
Web that will do personalized filtering of newsgroup/listserv postings and
notify the user of relevant postings.  There used to be a site out of the
Berkeley Digital Library Project, called SIFT, that did this, but, alas,
it is no more.  I'd also be interested in locating sites that filter new
Web sites for users and email them the relevant links.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Emily Hurn

Emily R. Hurn                  Internet Information Services Librarian &
W.E.B. DuBois Library          Five College Libraries' System Coordinator
University of Massachusetts    E-mail: hurn at library.umass.edu
Amherst, MA 01003              Voice:Desk:(413)545-6892/Messages:(413)545-0284