Death Threat Woes

Wilfred Drew drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Mon Oct 27 15:03:32 EST 1997

If you live in jNew York State and work in a library, you better not turn
over any records without a court order.  The FBI has no more rights than any
other police agency.  New York State has a privacy clause for library
records.  To be on the safe side, disable the history features or have the
computer set to reboot aevry so often.  We have ours reboot after 10 minutes
of inactivity.  Takes care of the problem right away.  We also do not have
e-ail availabe on our public computers in the library.

--
Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill"); Associate Librarian (Systems, Reference)
SUNY College of Ag. & Tech.;   P.O. Box 902;  Morrisville, NY 13408-0902
E-mail: DREWWE at MORRISVILLE.EDU powwow:drewwe at wedrew.lib.morrisville.edu
IRC(irc.dal.net port 7000):#academiclibrarians (sysop/ops)
ICQ:UIN#268569
Phone: (315)684-6055 or 684-6060 Fax: (315)684-6115
Homepage: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/
Not Just Cows: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/
LibraryLinks: http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/