disabling the close box on Netscape

Kenneth S. Bell bellk at nolant.nolanet.org
Sat Oct 25 21:59:13 EDT 1997

G'day,

One simple way would be to use a Resource Editor (i use ResEdit, freely
available from apple). Open up the application and go to the wctb
resource. Muck around til you find the one for "main window". It's near
the top. Uncheck the "close" box. Save changes. When you fire up
Netscape, the close box is gone.

You would also need to go into the MENU resource and find the "file"
menu for the main window and uncheck the Close item. This greys it out
in the menu effectively disabling the feature.

Cheers,

Kenneth S. Bell
Technology Consultant
NOLA Regional Library System