The YOU in Universal Service

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Wed Oct 22 18:26:41 EDT 1997

For my next column in American Libraries, I'm pulling together useful
online resources, anecdotes and war stories related to Universal Service.
Have you put up anything online to educate librarians about universal
service?  Do you have favorite websites, guidelines for application forms,
sample technology plans?  Have you found the ALA website helpful, and why
(see http://www.ala.org/oitp/univserv.html )?  What stories (good or bad)
do you have about surviving the first wave of Universal Service?  What do
you have to share with your colleagues?  Let me know!

Karen G. Schneider |  kgs at bluehighways.com
Director, US EPA Region 2 Library  |  Contractor, GCI
Councilor-at-Large, American Library Association
The Internet Filter Assessment Project:
 http://www.bluehighways.com/tifap/
Author, Forthcoming: A Practical Guide to Internet Filters
(Neal Schuman, 1997 ISBN 1-55570-322-4)