netscape bookmarks and campus library web pages

Reidford, Jon M. jmreidfo.ucs at smtp.usi.edu
Tue Oct 21 09:17:14 EDT 1997

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and let you know I am new to my job
as well as this mail list. My first issue I am trying to resolve is
disabling bookmarks and e-mail on the netscape terminal which is to be
used only for informational purposes. It is a Gateway 2000 pc running on
a Novell 4 network. I have tried to make the bookmark files read only,
but users are still adding bookmarks during their sessions and the file
does not return to it's original state. It seems to me this would be a
widespread problem...suggestions? Also, we are redoing our library web
page and would like to know of any very impressive campus pages to get
some ideas from. Nice to meet you all.

Jon

Jon Reidford
Library/Media Services Support Technician
University of Southern Indiana
8600 University Boulevard
Evansville, IN  47712
jmreidfo.ucs at smtp.usi.edu