Copyright violations on Web4Lib

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Tue Oct 14 10:34:55 EDT 1997

Recently I have noticed a disturbing propensity among some Web4Lib
readers to ignore copyright law. These individuals post a copyrighted
work in its entirety without permission. This will not be tolerated on
Web4Lib. I have revised the Web4Lib Posting Policy at:

http://sunsite.Berkeley.EDU/Web4Lib/

to include the following:

"All postings must be free of copyright restrictions that limit
distribution. For example, posting a significant amount of a copyrighted
work verbatim requires the permission of the copyright holder. To verify
that such permission was obtained, all postings of this nature must
inlude a statement that this is the case."

As you may recall, the Web4Lib Posting Policy stipulates that those who
do not adhere to the policy will be warned once and removed upon the
second infraction. Thank you for your cooperation,
Roy Tennant
Web4Lib Owner