HTML etiquette

Vladislav S. Davidzon davidzon at metronet.lib.mi.us
Sun Oct 12 12:58:02 EDT 1997

In my own opinion... It really would depend on a type of the site, who
runs is, and whether or not you know that person... For example... Any web
site I do for someone else I always validate with HTML Validator and make
sure that there are no broken images etc... But if you try to validate my
personal web site (http://www.fcl.metronet.lib.mi.us/~davidzon) you'll see
that its (most likely) got over 30 errors in HTML... Not because I am bad
at HTML but because I used a WYSIWYG editor to create it, in this case a
very old version of Frontpage, and I really do not have the time to go
through with a HTML Validator and pick out all the errors and bugs within
it. The point is that often times many do not have the time to go through
with a fine comb...

Just my 0.0002 cents worth...

Vladislav S. Davidzon                     davidzon at tech-center.com
Technology Assistant                      Farmington Community Library
Phone: (248) 553-0300                     Fax: (248) 553-3228
32737 W. 12 Mile Road                     Farmington Hills, MI 48334

"It is the province of knowledge to speak, and its a privilege of wisdom
to listen."  - Oliver Wendell Homes

All opinions are my opinions only, and not those of any organizations I
am associated with, unless otherwise specified.