Opera browser

David Vaughan dsvaughan at wentworth.region.library.on.ca
Thu Oct 9 16:09:04 EDT 1997

I'll second Gavin's endorsement.  While I am still using IE4 a lot (some
sites I access do use Java and/or ActiveX), Opera is a great program for
quick browsing.  The lack of Java/ActiveX is not noticed on most sites,
and the program loads and runs much faster than either of the big
browsers.  The ability to run multiple windows within the browser
(instead of having multiple browsers open) is nice as is the zoom
capability.  I have had a few crashes, but not many.  Probably no more
than I've had with various preview and full releases of MSIE.

David

David S. Vaughan, Systems Librarian         Phone: 905-546-4126 x36
Wentworth Libraries                                  Fax: 905-522-9083
Hamilton, ON, Canada

EMAIL: dsvaughan at wentworth.region.library.on.ca