Wallpaper -Reply

Reeder Norm Reeder.Norm at mail.ci.torrance.ca.us
Thu Oct 9 11:19:43 EDT 1997

Just a comment on the use of IE 4.0.  One thing I've noticed and can't
seem to find a workaround is that all of the "helper" applications we
have used in the past, no longer work on IE 4.0.  Only four helper
applications are allowed (mail, news, chat, and phone).  We've used
W3Launch for launching CD-ROM's from web pages and previously used
OpenWeb for the same thing.  I assume that Microsoft believes everything
is going to be written in "active-X" but I haven't found any
equlivalents for what we need.  I happen to like IE 4.0 very much
otherwise both for the browser, and for the desktop integration which
some don't seem to like at all.
Thanks
Norm Reeder
Library Services Manager
Torrance Public Library
3301 Torrance Blvd
Torrance, CA 90503
310-618-5950
reeder.norm at mail.ci.torrance.ca.us
The views expressed do not necessarily represent the views of the City
of Torrance