Wallpaper -Reply

Jerry Kuntz jkuntz at rcls.org
Thu Oct 9 09:40:56 EDT 1997

> 06:12pm >>>
> Thanks for all your suggestions for keeping patrons from adding their
> own
> versions of "appropriate" wallpaper to our PCs.  We talked to the young
> man who did it and he doesn't seem to be a computer genius.  He insists
> he
> just sort of "stumbled" over the wallpaper option.
>
> We've put your suggestions into place and we'll see if it happens again.
> Staff have tried without success to add wallpaper.  We're still scratching
> our heads over this one.  Thanks for all your input.
>
> Dianne Harmon                                   dharmon at htls.lib.il.us
> Associate Director                              815-740-2660 or
> Joliet Public Library                              815-740-2679
> 150 N. Ottawa                                   fax 815-740-6161
> Joliet IL 60432

The wallpaper setting now offers some intriguing possibilities with IE's
Active Desktop. Has anyone started developing an HTML document
specifically for use as wallpaper in a library setting? Perhaps a page
with ready reference links? Or search engine input boxes?

				Jerry Kuntz
				Ramapo Catskill Library System
				jkuntz at rcls.org